Pages

Hellena Post - Creatrix

I've tried on so many uniforms and badges that now I'm just me - mother of 8 children and all that entails, flowmad, and human animal parent. Writer of this living book of a blog, philosopher, and creatrix of hand dyed and spun crocheted wearable art. I gave up polite conversation years ago, and now I dive into the big one's.....birth, sex, great wellness, life, passion, death and rebirth.


Sunday, January 18, 2009

Up, up and away!!





This is the year for me. The year my gear is going to go somewhere groovy. Procreating has been accomplished successfully, and now it's time for me and my man to put our passions in the limelight. I got contacted by a groover at Us Trendy who wants to profile my work and I'm wrapped!! I've been waiting for someone 'out there' to show an interest, and now it seems to be starting. I've got so much to say, and so much to create, and so much to teach, and so much to learn, and so much to write about all the ideas and cross currents going through my head at any given moment. I'm really wanting to move into un-dyed, classic, wrap and fetish designs, as well as playing more with themes I've developed in the past.

And my fella got a call to wear a costume for his drumming troupe, and even though he instantly freaked out at wearing a 'uniform' ( I'm not one of the bloody Wiggles for #$@&'s sake!!), he became appeased when I suggested that I could create an artwork for his body.... We were at Rainbow Serpent Festival years ago, and he was crawling on all fours along the ground like a spider creature, and I got an image in my head of making a dog suit for him with a huge mane around his head, and pogo sticks for his hands, so he could prowl on all fours while I had a leash on his neck - pretty damn sexy I reckon. And how his troupe wants groovy clothes to wear, we're revamping the idea, and wondering how I could go about crocheting them all a costume. Or maybe just my man, who knows. I'm getting glimpses of mesh with crocheted cotton fringes..... Who knows where my imagination may take me....

But back to more practical subjects, I'll put in some photo's of the latest creation, worn by the beautiful lizard queen, to give you an idea of the direction I'm heading at the moment. Less is more, and I want to play with leaving even more open spaces on the body....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments, and your feedback......it makes this whole blogging thing worthwhile. Peace and blessings to you!